[wplug-web] schema for mailing lists

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Thu Feb 20 17:59:04 EST 2003

It's not exactly a 'primary' email address, but rather one that the user
wants to get email. In some cases, for whatever reason, people might want
to get email sent to more than one address. They also might want to have
different options for each address, one might get digest while the other
gets regular format mail. So I think we need to put an email address field
on the _map table. (We could put just extra email addresses in a seperate
table with a unique id, but that doesn't seem nessesary, unless we plan
to use them for anything else?)
I still need to double check the Mailman API to see what types of queries
it normally does. But for example, given a list name, it would want all of
the addresses of who it should send mail to. Another is given an email
address, is it allowed to send mail to the list in question.

-james