[wplug-web] next gum meeting space

Evan DiBiase evand at wplug.org
Thu Sep 5 10:45:23 EDT 2002

Warren,

On Thursday, September 5, 2002, at 10:09  AM, Warren Dukes wrote:

> Can y'all make the next gum meeting space functional? ie, write some
> php code to automagically figure out when the next meeting is.

Currently, this is human-generated. We could write (and have, in the
past, written) code that does this, but the issue is that GUMs  and
Install-Fests are not guaranteed to go off the first Saturday of every
month and the second Saturday of every other month. I wouldn't want
people showing up for an install-fest that the web page predicted but
for which there was no actual event planned.

On the other hand, requiring humans to update the page tends to lead to
unupdated pages. Perhaps updating the pages should be a function of the
GUM and Install-Fest committees?

I'd be open to suggestions on how to handle this issue.

-Evan
Who is seriously considering doing a rewrite at this point