[wplug-web]Re: [wplug] new website initiative

David Ostroske eksortso at linuxmail.org
Tue Nov 5 18:00:49 EST 2002

Here are some suggestions. A lot of dedicated locations, some new, some old...

* A dedicated location for an image gallery (including the images from our old meetings, if we still have them).
* A dedicated location for talk requests. That way, a speaker doesn't need to join wplug-plan just to ask to speak to our group.
* A dedicated location for book reviews (to make O'Reilly, Wrox, and others happy). Comments should be allowed.
* A dedicated location for old talks and supplementary materials, including links.
* A dedicated location for organizational information: board members, bylaws, etc.
* A dedicated location for preferred links. We could maintain our own DMOZ.
* A dedicated location for software projects started or maintained by WPLUG members. Not SourceForge, but a meta-site for WPLUG projects. Show the outside world how we've been contributing to the world of software development!
* A dedicated location for news, right on the center of the home page.
* A dedicated location for classifieds. We could move the marketplace mailing list to the website. A good lure for newbies looking for hardware. Might require security clearance.
* All email addresses are hidden. Only by entering a password can a user get another's email address. (Similar to how eBay keeps email addresses from prying eyes.)
* Notification updates automatically every Sunday morning. The name of the scheduled talk or event should be included. Special events should also appear.

--- David Ostroske
    eksortso at linuxmail.org