[wplug-web] Re: [wplug-plan] website planning meeting

Mark Dalrymple wplug at badgertronics.com
Wed Dec 11 11:36:55 EST 2002

> Voting would matter on the parts that would affect all or most
> developers. That would include things like platforms, toolkits, and
> infrastructure. Anyone who has experience with these things should
> certainly have a vote, even if they don't have time to develop.

I think one concern is folks coming in who 'toe the line' using
popular packages: "Zope sucks.  We shouldn't use it.  MySQL and PHP
all the way!"  And then don't contribute.  Then the 3 or 4 folks who
wanted to use Zope (or whatever) and are actually doing the work are
now either stuck using tools they don't like, or we go back to square
one, or they just fade away and the website stays in its current
state.

Luckily WPLUG doesn't tend to demonstrate this kind of rabidity
(witnessed by the number of ibooks that show up at GUMs :-), so I'm
not particularly worried of a filibuster.

++Mark Dalrymple, markd at badgertronics.com.  http://badgertronics.com
  "By the way, if at one point you had a job building molds in a factory
   does that make you a former former former?" -- Gary