[wplug-web] Re: [wplug-plan] website planning meeting

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Tue Dec 10 22:57:28 EST 2002

Does Sunday Dec. 22nd work for people interested in building a website? If
you just have an idea or two, but don't really want to help build things,
you can send an email to me and I'll bring them up in the brainstorming
parts.

Rough agenda starting at time 0.

00:00 - 00:10 donuts and such (optional part)
00:10 - 00:30 brainstorming features we would like the site to include
              no implimentation details at this stage.
00:30 - 00:50 discuss our options to impliment the above. Decide LAMP,
              openacs, other. Also roll our own or off the shelf. ex: a
              custom search dodad, or integrate htdig
00:50 - 01:00 identify (in)dependant parts, and assign owners.

Items to come out of the meeting are: decision on a platform and
environment, owners of projects, and a vague timeline.

I'm not sure how to police this, but I'd like those who vote on things
only be those with time and skills to make a commitment to actually work
on things. Nothing sucks more than being outvoted by people who will not
actively take part. As such, I do not intend to vote because I know I
don't have time to work on the implimentation of a site.

I'd like to keep to this agenda, so if you have anything to add, please
let me know.

-james