[Wplug-web] Board Mechanism

Evan DiBiase edibiase at mac.com
Tue Nov 13 18:40:03 EST 2001

Hey.

With all this recent flurry going on regarding videos and rooms and
WPLUG mandates and whatnot, I can't help but think that some effective
wplug-board interface might do well to get started now so that it's in
operational state the next time we need it (as I suggested in my -plan
mail (http://www.wplug.org/pipermail/wplug-
plan/2001-November/000614.html)).

I would be willing to hack this around in PHP so we have *something*,
starting as early as tonight. All I need to know is what to do, which
may be dependent on getting some bylaws passed.

I guess what I'm really saying is that, besides site design, I'm
decently interested in getting a functional yet cool yet easy to use
board interface up, and, for the sake of staking territory and not
duplicating effort, would like to consider myself blessed to do it. Of
course, if this is something we don't want right now or in PHP, that's
okay, although, in my opinion, those options seem a bit mutually
exclusive.

Additionally, does anyone else think that the current site design might
be helped out a bit by having fewer instances of light-text-color on
light-background-color (like in the title bar and on links that
currently have the pointer focus)?

-Evan