[Wplug-web] New Webpage Structure

Zach Paine zman at angstrom.net
Sun Jan 21 17:01:11 EST 2001

On Sun, 21 Jan 2001 17:05:18 Robert Dale wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Jan 2001, Zach Paine wrote:
>
> Yes, but is that the function of wplug-web?  Seems more like a job for
> wplug-plan to provide these outlines and wplug-web's job to make sure
> they
> get posted to the website.

The way I see it, is that the only way things will get done is if we right
the content and then ask plan's approval.

> > - Message board?  People can't get email everywhere

I agree that this is not necessary.

> > - add/edit/delete @wplug.org email accounts
>
> Although wplug hasn't come to a conclusion on this subject, I've given it
> some thought and my final position is to be against it.  As I mentioned
> above, there are way too many email services for this to be necessary.
> But more importantly, necessary or not, this is not the function of
> wplug.
> Wplug provides resources pertaining to Linux.

It would be a nice feature but I see the disadvantages.  At any rate we
this needs to be discussed elsewhere.

--
Zach Paine
http://www.wplug.org/~zman/zman.key