[Wplug-web] New Webpage Structure

Zach Paine zman at angstrom.net
Sun Jan 21 11:59:24 EST 2001

On Sun, 21 Jan 2001 00:32:00 Robert Dale wrote:

> Spec'-out everything we want this system to do.
>
> --
> Robert Dale

ok..here's a start:

I woud like to have a common 'look and feel' across all of the pages.
Basically the same colors and navigation materials.  I would like to have 2
or 3 layers of xml.  By that I mean, at the content level a page would look
like this:
<page>
Content
</page>

Then <page> is defined in another file
</head>
<navbar_left>
<other design stuff>

and those design tags are described in another file
<navbar_left>
html tags here that render nav bar
<other design stuff>
Font, color, size info.  Perhaps more tags for page headers and such.  I
would like to have a set of tags for standard headers size/color/font info,
black boxes as seen on wplug.org, and stuff like that.

I don't know if those last two layers should be merged into one.

This way people can easily create wplug.org style pages without worrying
about including the right file, or how to design the pages and design
people don't have to worry about content.  It's still helpful if you do
both design and content because it allows you to focus your attention where
it needs to be and removes clutter.

That is what I would like. :)

--
Zach Paine