[Wplug-web] Suggestions from GUM Re: Wplug-web digest, Vol 1 #14 - 2 msgs

Jeremy Dinsel jeremy at gunix.net
Sat Jan 13 12:44:36 EST 2001

Mhm, digest ....

On Sat, 13 Jan 2001 wplug-web-request at wplug.org wrote:

:    1. Suggestions from GUM (Zach Paine)
: --__--__--
:
: Message: 1
: Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 23:48:01 -0500
: To: Wplug-Web <wplug-web at wplug.org>
: From: Zach Paine <zman at angstrom.net>
: Subject: [Wplug-web] Suggestions from GUM
:
: Here are some suggestions I got from the GUM last week:
:
: 1. Re-orgranize links by priority.
: 2. Make the current meeting info MUCH more prominent.
: 3. DT says that the colors suck and it's the worst web page design he's ever
: seen
: 4. We should have a place where people can submit suggestions and we can
: easily view them.
:
: Zach

1. I have a database (pgsql) setup with the links in there already. I think it
makes it easier (use an admin interface) to update, add, delete links as well
as to group them into catagories. I understand that people want to use mysql;
a db is a db so cool; do you agree that putting more content into the db might
be a nice option?

2. Good idea -- maybe it's own box? with header and frame displaying info
above others (currently this would be above "Wplug Resources")

3. DT can be right on a few things--the colors have been hated for a long
time. How is the template coming for color changes? Looking at unstable, it
seems pretty close.

4. There's a feedback form, but it's cgi and stupid. php would be nicer with
an admin interface to send mail w/admin comments to wplug-web<?> or delete
stuff. Kinda like Mailman's mail submission form?

-j
--
- Jeremy Dinsel
- somewhere in the monkey house