[Wplug-web] Ads and wplug template suggestion

zman at charlie.angst-inc.com zman at charlie.angst-inc.com
Sun Jan 7 13:20:00 EST 2001

>I think we should start adding ads to the wplug pages like can be seen at
>themes.org -- I have also received permission to pilfer all of those ads that
>we like. They are for opensource/community benefit, so why not?
>
>It would be nice to teplatize the pages and have a section where ads will
>always appear. I guess the easiest way is it add it to template/bot .. but
>that might be nasty. Anyone have a better suggestion?

Ok.. I've started to templatize in unstable.  template/ can basically be removed.  lib/head.inc and lib/footer.inc are now where the modified header and footer files are.  I want to call design functions (tables..) from functions which will be in lib/common.inc.  I am all for ads as long as they are Cool (tm).  Opensource/thinkgeek.  As long as they are not intrusively placed.

>How about: since there are only 37 main documents, change all of them. They
>would look like so:
>
>grab template top

Understood
>grab document stand deals (location 1)
What does this mean/Elaborate
>grab document's internals (xml?) from repository
What does this mean/Elaborate
>grab document stand deals (location 2) (etc)
What does this mean/Elaborate
>grab bottom stuff
Understood.

>Classes of documents could be defined and depending upon the class, different
>items are included.
>
>Class *: includes wplug Definitions (Education, Not-For-Profit)
>Class 1: includes wplug links
>Class 2: includes ???
>Class ([a-z]|[A-Z): (meaning a word) includes the appropriate xml for said
>                    document
>
>This could lead to some fun with php.

This would probably make sense if I understoof xml :)  Sounds like a good idea though.

Zach