[Wplug-web] Push unstable?

Zach Paine zman at wplug.org
Sun Apr 1 10:38:24 EDT 2001

On Sat, 31 Mar 2001 22:10:55 Robert Dale wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Mar 2001, Zach Paine wrote:
>
> > I think we need to have a more usable page at www.wplug.org than what
> is
> > there right now, so can we remove the user stuff from unstable and put
> that
> > there?  I think this would be good considering the message from the
> list
> > asking if there is actaully a reliable place for meeting info, and we
> are
> > about to move into a heavy development and re-vamp phase.  What do you
> guys
> > think?
>
> I question the security of it.
>
> What steps will you take to make sure it is safe?

That's why I want to remove the user stuff.  Anything that would create a
potential security risk.  Put a non-interactive version up.  If we want to
keep the pages that update the news and such, perhaps we could put them in
a password protected directory (.htpasswd and .htaccess kind of deal).

--
Zach Paine
http://www.wplug.org/~zman/zman.key