[Wplug-web] Applying Patches

Zach Paine zman at angstrom.net
Sat Dec 23 11:27:12 EST 2000

Hey guys,
	I'm going out of town until Sunday night and so I figured I'd tell you
	know how to accept and apply patches.  When we recieve a patch it will
	be uuencoded in the actual email.  You want to either pipe the message
	to bk receive by hitting | in your mailer and typing the command

	bk receive -a /path/to/your/local/repository

	This will apply the patch.  You can run bk changes and find out what
	changes were made.  If you like it bk push, if not use bk changes to
	find the version number of the patch and bk undo -r1.3 or whatever.
	In some cases, people will have grabbed the source at version 1.3,
	then we made some aditional changes to bring it to 1.5, and they will
	send a patch for 1.4.  I'm not sure what happens in this situation
	other than you have to run bk resolve to merge any conflicting file
	changes.

	Later,
	Zach
--