[Wplug-web] New bk setup

Zach Paine zman at angstrom.net
Thu Dec 21 14:39:43 EST 2000

Ok. this is how bk has to be setup now.  I can't be online all day, and I
won't get on until after 11pm tonight.  If this isn't done by then, I will do
it.

/home/htdocs/wplug needs to be a repository.  All of the files in it that
shouldn't be shown to the world (like the whole announcements/ dir) should be
moved somewhere and symlinked back to there original location.  Then in
/home/htdocs/wplug run: bk bkd -pSOMEPORT -d -xcd -xpush

I don't want the html and such to be in /home/www/htdocs/wplug because then
the confidential repository (/home/www) would contain the other repository.
Nothing good would come of that. Obviously this will require a reconfigure of
apache.

/home/www will contain all the config and cgi-bin stuff (and whatever else is
there right now besides htdocs) and will only be available to those with
accounts and ssh.

The files linked from /home/htdocs/wplug (the public repository) should be in
/home/www, so when we clone /home/www we have the apache configure stuff, and
the private material that goes in /home/htdocs/wplug.

Make sense?
--
Zach Paine
http://www.wplug.org/~zman/zman.key