[Wplug-web] Anonymous BK Access (this is the answer!!)

Zach Paine zman at angstrom.net
Thu Dec 21 13:02:34 EST 2000

Ok here it is (sumarized):

/users/zman/public_html/wplug.zman is the repository we want to use.  If you
have ssh and an account (us) you can push to it.

I can set that up to be a public repository as well running on a specific port
so people can:

bk clone bk://wplug.org:5000 wplug

and get a readonly version.

Now in wplug.zman, all of the sensitive files are symlinks to files in another
repository, lets say wplug.confidential.  When users grab the anonymous stuff,
because they are not allowed to change directories, they won't get the
sensitive stuff.  They can make changes and submit bk patches.  As far as us,
we can push to both of those repositories!

THIS IS IT!
/me is excited :)

Here is the actual email from the Pres/CEO of BitMover:

Later,
Zach

----- Forwarded message from Larry McVoy <lm at bitmover.com> -----

X-From_: lm at bitmover.com Thu Dec 21 12:57:07 2000