[wplug-plan] PF/PCA Blender

Justin Smith justin at adminix.net
Tue Nov 3 14:59:38 EST 2015

Pittsburgh Filmmakers - which I work for, in the interest of full disclosure - is starting to
offer introductory classes on open source multimedia software as a supplement to
their usual classes using Adobe Photoshop and other proprietary software.

In particular, they're offering a two-day "crash course" on 3D animation basics using
Blender: Link[1]

The instructor who teaches the course may be willing to give a presentation on some
of what she goes over in the class. Is this something we'd be interested?

It would be ideal to have a GUM before the class actually begins, but since this
semester's Blender crash course takes place over the next few weeks, that's not going
to happen. However, they'll be teaching the class again next semester, and if there's
enough interest, similar classes may be offered with GIMP et al.

*Justin Smith*
Linux System Administrator

--------
[1] http://center.pfpca.org/education/classes/2015-fall/animation-crash-course-blender