[wplug-plan] Email server presentation

Justin Smith justin at adminix.net
Mon May 25 12:09:49 EDT 2015

Is there a speaker already lined up for June? If not, I'd like to give a
presentation on how to set up your own name-branded email server using
iRedMail[1], a 100% open source email server solution.

I envision it going like so:

1. Getting a domain name
2. Signing up for a VPS: Choosing the right location and distribution
3. Installing iRedMail on your VPS
4. Hands-on demonstration

With iRedMail, you don't /have/ to know how to set up, configure, and
secure all the components of an email service; it takes care of all the
basics for you. It's a great way to eliminate dependency on proprietary
email services like Gmail that share the details of your personal
correspondence with marketers and the government.

iRedMail does /not/, however, take you through the first two steps listed
above, nor is there a hands-on demonstration of how everything works.
That's why I think a presentation like mine would be just what's needed to
fill in the gaps.

*Justin Smith*
GNU/Linux System Administrator

/"Unix is user-friendly; it's just very selective about who its friends are."/

--------
[1] http://www.iredmail.org/