[wplug-plan] December meeting idea

Joe Prostko joe.prostko at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 09:54:24 EST 2015

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 3:41 AM, Vance Kochenderfer <vance at happylemur.com>
wrote:

> Since we don't have a speaker lined up for December, how about we make
> this a sort of hybrid hackathon/holiday party?

I'm definitely fine with that.

> That is, come and work on something (or ask questions) if you want,
> otherwise just come, hang out, and enjoy some treats with us.  I'm
> thinking we can have hot chocolate, maybe hot apple cider, cookies,
> etc.  We could do something more substantial like pizza if people want.

Again, that is fine.  I don't mind even chipping in and providing
something, seeing as the kitty is pretty much exhausted right now.

> I'd be happy to help fund the cost of the food, and we can ask people to
> kick in a few bucks to the kitty.  This might be a way to help replenish
> the refreshment fund.

Yeah, it would be nice to start replenishing the fund so it is good to go
for the summer picic and any other events we may plan over the course of
the year.

> Sound good?  Or does anyone have alternate suggestions?

It's either that or simply not have anything at all.  Seeing as the event
has already been posted on MeetUp though, we should follow through on it, I
would think.  If I hear more thumbs up, I'll make sure the event is
mentioned on Facebook and Twitter anyway.

- joe