[wplug-plan] July's WPLUG GUM - "tin foil hat" edition?

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Sat Jun 15 00:43:21 EDT 2013

It's a topical way to frame the issue.  The same techniques are
used all the time to protect sensitive information from thieves,
fraudsters, vandals, AND governments.  In fact, we'll soon
(hopefully) move to accept online payments, so setting up SSL will
be a necessity.

One issue I don't know much about that would be interesting to
hear about is IPsec.  Having someone with experience deploying it
speak would be useful, especially if they could lay out its
advantages and disadvantages compared to application-layer
encryption.

I probably still have an old 3.5" floppy disk somewhere with a
copy of PGP 2.something on it, downloaded in case it was outlawed
and yanked from the FTP servers.  :)