[wplug-plan] Making the big changes

John Lewis oflameo2 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 20:21:28 EST 2012

If you developed the original bylaws can you inform us line by line the
justifications of the bylaws so we don't accidentally modify it in a way
that will scare you even further away.

Why don't we want radical change in WPLUG? Our software radically
changes every six months for most of us, and the rest of us, it changes
at our whims.

Specifically I don't understand why our bylaws limit the everything that
enables the group to exist in the first place. It limits the use of the
Internet, the very thing that allowed Linux to be developed and reach
critical mass. I doubt even a 386 BSD users group would have did
something like that in 2006.

What everybody wants to know are the good reasons, so please grant us
your wisdom.