[wplug-plan] Fwd: [wplug] [wplug-announce] WPLUG Tour of the Red Hat Lab

Greg Simkins gregsimkins at me.com
Thu Mar 3 17:47:34 EST 2011

Break my heart folks!  I would love to be there, but I am in Vadodara, Gujarat, India, and won't return to Pittsburgh until the following weekend.

I am auditing part of the engineering giant Larsen and Toubro, http://www.larsentoubro.com.  From their marketing presentation, they are the reincarnation of the best of Westinghouse and General Electric together from their heydays.  I don't think Westinghouse ever had pigeons crapping on the work in process. The Indians might ask the pigeons politely to leave, but cultural restrictions prevent them from doing anything effective to make sure they don't come back (like popping them off with pellet guns, which used to the preferred method in Pittsburgh).  I haven't seen a cow wander through the shop yet, but they are all over the neighborhood.  It has been a fascinating trip so far.

Greg

Begin forwarded message: