[wplug-plan] PR for October/November

Beth Lynn Eicher bethlynneicher at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 07:48:55 EDT 2010

I am not a board member but I wanted to comment the below....

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 11:44 PM, Vance Kochenderfer <vkochend at nyx.net> wrote:

>> October is officially the Annual Meeting and is to be used to
>> elect Directors.  The decision to continue the September meeting
>> did not reschedule the October election until November, at a
>> non-standard meeting location and time.

I was involved in the booking of the October meeting. Once the board
approved 10/23, I proceeded with securing the WSCC auditorium at a
time it was available. We could have held this meeting at the standard
time of 11 AM but I have observed better attendance at WPLUG meetings
when we meet in the afternoon and when our venue does not entail
stairs. Maximizing attendance is key to holding the quorum necessary
for a successful nomination.

I was not involved with the booking of the November meeting. It is not
uncommon for the elections meeting to be at a "non-standard location
and time." Historically we have done that to hold a lunch banquet for
our members. Had I known in advance that we were holding this meeting
at the Galleria, I would have voiced a concern about transportation. I
can't find any bus routes that serve this area on Saturdays.

Thanks,

Beth Lynn Eicher