[wplug-plan] May installfest venue

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Sun Mar 14 15:17:24 EDT 2010

We need a venue for our installfest currently scheduled for May
15th.  Our last one was (generally) south at the Brookline Library
and our July one is scheduled for the Northland Library, so it
would probably be best to go west or east.

In the east, I have previously spoken with the Monroeville
Public Library about their meeting room.  They have wi-fi
available, but I don't know about wired access.  The Westmoreland
Mac user group meets there.  Their Saturday hours are 9am to 5pm.
<http://www.monroevillelibrary.org/screens/libinfo.html#meeting_rooms>

Looking around I found the following libraries in the western
part of the county.  I have had no contact with any of them.

The Moon Township Public Library is open Saturdays 10am to 5pm.
They have wi-fi, but wired access unknown.  They charge outside
groups $25/hr for their meeting room plus a refundable cleaning
deposit - don't know if it's possible to get this waived.
<http://www.moonlibrary.org/policies/skyroomuse.html>

In Oakdale, the Western Allegheny Community Library is open on
Saturday 9am to 4pm.  The have wi-fi, but wired access unknown.
It's also unclear whether they have a meeting room open to outside
organizations.  <http://www.westernalleghenylibrary.org/>

The Sewickley Public Library is open Saturdays 10am to 5pm.  They
have wi-fi, but wired access unknown.  It's also unclear whether
they have a meeting room open to outside organizations.
<http://www.sewickleylibrary.org/>

The Robinson Township Library is open Saturdays 9:30am to 4:30pm.
They have wi-fi, but wired access unknown.  It's also unclear
whether they have a meeting room open to outside organizations.
<http://www.robinsonlibrary.org/>

The Program Committee should designate someone to contact these
venues to get these questions answered and, if things look good,
arrange for a walk-through.

(To clarify, "these questions" are:
  - Is the May 15 date available?  What will the hours be then?
    We would want a 4+ hour time block.
  - Is there a meeting room available to outside groups?  Can it
    accommodate ~20 people plus equipment?
  - Is there a charge for the room?  How much?
  - Is wired Internet access available?
  - What is parking like?  How easy is it to haul equipment into/
    out of the building?
  - Are we allowed to serve light refreshments - coffee, donuts,
    sodas, etc.?)