[wplug-plan] February InstallFest Location

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 16:41:50 EST 2010

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 8:19 PM, Vance Kochenderfer <vkochend at nyx.net> wrote:
> * Brookline library.  This is free, and there doesn't appear to be
>  anything scheduled on February 20.
>  <http://www.carnegielibrary.org/events/eventlist.cfm?location_id=17&mode=location>
>  I have a contact number for Jessica I can call on Monday.

This is where I'd prefer to go, given our options, though I've never
been to this library before. Impressions of the place?

> * WSCC.  This does cost ~$120.  However, they ripped up our check
>  for the December GUM and told me not to pay anything for the
>  January GUM, so we are saving funds there that could be put
>  toward an installfest rental.  I have no idea as to availability
>  but suspect that we would have to work around Tai Chi on a
>  Saturday.

They've been very generous to us in the past. But we have been wanting
to move our events around the region a bit. On the other hand, if
November worked out well, then February would work, too.

> If anyone has options in the north (Dave O, how about your church?)
> or east, we can try them too, but are on pretty short notice at
> this point.

I still haven't been able to ask anyone at my church. Talking to some
of the people there, I think they'd be interested, but we'd need to
work out the details.

You might want to get in contact with Bob Turley. He attends much more
regularly than I do, and he's served on the church's board and
committees for many years.

Here's their website, in case anyone is interested. The place looks a
whole lot nicer in the spring.
http://www.uucnh.org/

-- Dave O