[wplug-plan] Summer Slam VIII

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Thu Jun 25 20:54:10 EDT 2009

Hello -planners:

The Pittsburgh Technology Council is hosting Summer Slam on
Thursday, July 23 from 5-8PM.  For those who haven't been before,
this is a gathering (I'm bad at estimating crowds, but I'd guess
~150 people) of local technology user groups at a bar venue.  The
location this year is Finnigan's Wake near PNC Park.

This is an opportunity for us to spread the word about WPLUG and
Free/Open Source Software, as well as just mingle and have a good
time.  If you have ideas for how we might be able to get exposure
for WPLUG (e.g., flyers, giveaway CDs, etc.), add them to the wiki
page that's been set up at
<http://www.wplug.org/wiki/Summer_Slam_VIII> and/or discuss them
here on the list.

I'm planning to go, schedule permitting, and hope to see you
there!