[wplug-plan] The wplug-plan list

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Wed Jun 17 00:02:01 EDT 2009

I concur with Beth Lynn's historical review of wplug-plan's
content and purpose.  It has served as the center for
organizational (non-technical) discussion.

I'm not sure that folding the -plan discussion into the wplug list
is such a great idea.  Right now, wplug-plan has 60 subscribers
(more than I expected!) which is broader than just the usual
suspects.  The wplug list has 400 subscribers.  I didn't look
through to see how many are local.  About 25 wplug-plan
subscribers are NOT subscribed to wplug.

Plus, I think there is logical reason for keeping the technical
and organizational discussion separate.  Not only does it allow
people to avoid one or the other if they choose, it also eases
managing the two types of discussions.  For example, I read wplug
as a daily digest because it's easier to deal with and the
conversations are not time-sensitive.  I get wplug-plan delivered
as individual messages so I can see and deal with them as they
come in.