[wplug-plan] The wplug-plan list

Beth Lynn Eicher bethlynneicher at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 20:16:00 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 8:23 AM, Michael Semcheski <mhsemcheski at gmail.com>wrote:

> I think perhaps the issue is that wplug-plan is for "Event and
> organizational planning" and listed as an administrative list.

Historically, wplug at wplug.org was strictly nothing but technical discussion.
Club business discussion on the wplug at wplug.org list would cause the trolls
to come out, flame, and then disappear as mysteriously as they came.
wplug-plan was for only the people who show up and do stuff. At one point,
wplug-plan forked to wplug-meetings. I don't remember why we forked.
wplug-meetings died and became events when we started operating under the
current bylaws.

I think we've grown up quite a bit lately so the historical concerns are now
moot.

> To me, wplug-plan should be mainly used by the Events committee.  Some
> of the discussions that go on wplug-plan (such as election rules
> changes) might be better suited for wplug.

I was wondering recently if wplug-plan was even needed anymore for this very
reason.

On the other hand, there are maybe hundreds of wplug subscrbers who don't
live in Pittsburgh therefore they could care less about the polititics of
the club.  We are still two communities in one. an online and in person LUG.

I'm still not decided personally, but I'm going to put the question out
there:

Should we kill wplug-plan?