[wplug-plan] Election rule change proposal

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 09:05:33 EDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 9:49 PM, Vance Kochenderfer<vkochend at nyx.net> wrote:
> In addition, vote-counting has been time-consuming because tellers
> have had to be trained in the system each time and learn on the
> job.

I remember planning for the elections meeting last year.  I couldn't
make it to that meeting myself, but it seems like it must have taken
45 minutes to count the ballots.  (Polls close at 3:45.  Meeting
adjourned at 5:15 after it was determined that 1 of the 5 director's
seats hadn't been filled.)

I agree with Vance's basic premise that the current system is
cumbersome and unwieldy.  If we do not amend the bylaws, we should
definitely come up with a better ballot and probably a better process
for the vote counters to use.