[wplug-plan] February InstallFest Location

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Mon Dec 14 23:15:05 EST 2009

To expand on Mike's list, here's one modeled after the list we put
together when we were seeking a new meeting venue:

1. A building that welcomes the general public in a conspicuous
   safe area.
2. Once the venue is booked, that date sticks (i.e., little or no
   chance that we'll be bumped).
3. The lower the cost the better.  Currently the General User
   Meetings at WSCC cost us $30.  The last installfest was $120
   (bigger room, longer time).  I don't think we can go too much
   higher than that.
4. Conference rooms or classrooms with seating for at least 25
   with access to electricity.  Some sort of tables to set up on.
5. Reasonable access by car.  Public transportation is a plus but
   not an absolute requirement for installfests.
6. Easy access to transport hardware into/out of the
   building/room.  Handicapped accessible venues are ideal.
7. Wired or wireless internet access.  Since people may be pulling
   updates, downloading ISOs, etc. a reasonably uncongested
   network would be best.
8. Ability to have food/drink is nice, but not absolutely
   necessary.

If anyone has contacts at CCAC, maybe you can look into the West
Hills Center <http://www.ccac.edu/default.aspx?id=149590>.  It
doesn't look like it's normally open on weekends, though.