[wplug-plan] February InstallFest Location

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 18:28:04 EST 2009

> Could you post (or are they on the website?) a list of requirements for an
> installfest location, including budget?

I think generally speaking, we need:

Internet access (hopefully ethernet and wireless are available.)
Tables to work on
Electrical outlets sprinkled around the room
Access for people carrying computers and monitors - they shouldn't
have to carry them up and down stairs.
Should be able to have some snacks.

Other things that must be considered are convenience of the location
and availability of parking.

As for budget, there's no set amount budgeted.  I believe we spend
about $40 per regular meeting at the Wilkins School.  The basement
auditorium was about $100 for the last installfest.  That was part of
the impetus for finding a new location.  The Brookline Carnegie
library has hosted our installfests for free in the past.

Basically, WPLUG tries to live within its means, rather than having a
set budget.