[wplug-plan] Re: Dec. WPLUG meeting

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Tue Nov 20 18:03:03 EST 2007

I'm redirecting this message to wplug-plan as it seems the
appropriate place.

Brian A. Seklecki wrote:

> >> The 8th has been booked.
> >>
> >> Ted
>
> We're about three weeks out.  This might be a good opportunity to start
> proactively marketing the event (Flyers, Web Site, E-mail Notification,
> Etc.)

Good ideas, Brian.  I've e-mailed the Perl Mongers and the Pgh
user group leaders' mailing list about it (copy of text below
in case anyone wants to reuse) to help get the word out.  We
could probably stand to freshen our directions to 3002
<http://www.wplug.org/meetings/one-location?location_id=13>, if
anybody wants to take a stab at updating it with something that
better reflects the current state of construction.  You could
probably just tweak Patrick's Google map to 1507
<http://tinyurl.com/39a7al>.

Subject: WPLUG meeting Sat, 8 Dec - Bricolage CMS

Western Pennsylvania Linux Users Group Meeting
Saturday, December 8, 2007
3002 Newell-Simon Hall, Carnegie Mellon University

Topic: Bricolage Content Management System
Speaker: Neal Sofge of RAND

In 2003, the Pittsburgh-based web development team for the RAND
Corporation <http://www.rand.org/> embarked on a 27-month project to
modernize their online bookstore <http://www.rand.org/pubs/>. To
manage the 20,000+ pages of content involved, they selected the Perl-
based open-source Bricolage <http://bricolage.cc/> system. Join former
RAND Web Technology Manager Neal Sofge for an in-depth exploration of
how Bricolage works, its strengths and weaknesses, and its performance
in real-life enterprise-class usage.

Schedule:
  10:00 AM - Doors open
  11:00 AM - Presentation
  12:30 AM - Pizza lunch ($5)
   2:00 PM - All done!

The public is welcome, and no RSVP is necessary.  More information and
directions can be found on WPLUG's web site at
<http://www.wplug.org/meetings/one-meeting?wp_meeting_id=3313>.
Questions may be addressed to <info at wplug.org>.