[wplug-plan] weeknight meetings

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Thu Nov 1 00:24:23 EDT 2007

Mark Dalrymple <wplug at badgertronics.com> wrote

> The Pantera

Pantera? <http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/band.cgi?BandNum=1643>
:)

>             in Waterworks has a nice meeting room - actually decently
> sized, and wifi.  They do (or at least did) ask that some percentage
> of folks actually purchase stuff.

At one point I inquired at the Panera near Magee in Oakland, and I
seem to recall that they wanted us to spend at least $40 to use the
meeting room (although my memory is fuzzy, and I can't find my
notes).  Actually, this sounds low; it could be $60.  Still not too
hard to meet, I think.

Just for kicks, I'll also mention another option I looked into
previously - I can get a meeting room weeknights for free at the
Castle Shannon municipal building
<http://borough.castle-shannon.pa.us/cs/municipal-park.asp>.  No
Internet or food available, and we must be out of the building by
9:00 PM.  There is no bus service in the evenings, but the
Memorial Hall light rail station is less than a mile away so we
could shuttle people to and from there.

Other people may want to check the meeting rooms that their local
municipality or library may offer.