[wplug-plan] options for virtual hosting

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Wed May 16 14:49:06 EDT 2007

Just for sake of organization, can we enumerate those services
currently running on penguin plus those needed by the wiki?  It
seems like this would aid decision-making.  My attempt at this
includes:

  mailserver (for non-list addresses, currently sendmail)
  mailing lists (currently mailman, requires python)
  httpd (currently Apache, AOLserver)
  CMS/wiki (currently OpenACS, MediaWiki, requires PHP)
  database server (currently PostgreSQL)
  monkeybot (requires perl, may have AUP issues with new host)
  sshd (most shell logins may be unnecessary on new host)

Am I missing anything/getting anything wrong?

As Beth Lynn noted, the LDP mirror is run on a separate machine by
markdude so all we need to do for that is keep the DNS entry
pointing to the same place.