[wplug-plan] CD distribution event

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Wed Jun 13 16:32:10 EDT 2007

<curlynoodle at gmail.com> wrote:
> Vance Kochenderfer wrote:
> > software to the public.  One possibility may be to coordinate this
> > activity with the international Software Freedom Day event on
> > September 15 <http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/>.
>
> Excellent, we should definitely organize our event on this day.  I
> will register a WPLUG team to participate.

Thanks, I see you've put this in.  If you add our coordinates
(Lat. 40.44  Lon. -80.00), we should show up on the map
<http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/map/2007>.  You could also add
an e-mail address to the SFD wiki page
<http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/teams/northamerica/PA/wplug>
for people looking for a team to contact (you can use yours or the
generic info at wplug.org address).

So, I guess next steps are to figure out things like location,
time, and round up people to volunteer?  I like the idea of
Schenley Plaza (free wireless so we can do a full demo), but don't
know what their policy would be on setting up a table.  Another
thought might be Carnegie Science Center (Edubuntu?).