[wplug-plan] Fw: [wplug] TiE Open Source Summit?

Greg Simkins gregsim at telerama.com
Thu Jan 11 14:01:05 EST 2007

Does this major conference on open source with no WPLUG involvement mean we
are losing out on PR committee goal:

2. To establish and maintain WPLUG's reputation as a key organization for
Open Source in western Pennsylvania.
????

We don't even have our logo on their page.

Or are these proprietary software guys that are not advocates of free
software and we are really not aligned.  They use the term "Open Source".
Should we change to Free Software?  Should we try to get behind this event
and similar ones?  Who are we?  Mama!!!!

Greg