Anyone willing to do a 15 - 20 minute emacs talk on the 13th? (was Re: [wplug-plan] Seeking topic/speaker suggestions for Jan 13th GUM)

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Tue Jan 9 08:23:42 EST 2007

> > > I'm a little worried about a two person show.  As stated before, I'm
> > > VERY tight for time on Saturday.
> > >
> > > I'd rather not have it turn into an Emacs vs Vi fest.
> >
> > Does that mean you're volunteering to do Emacs, or that you'd like
> > Michael to just take care of VI, or something else altogether?
>
> It means a couple of things:
>
> 1. Knowing how WPLUG meetings go, it will most likely take longer than
> the allocated 20 minutes.  After all, if the only topic is editors,
> people are going to want more.
>
> 2. If it's an emacs vs VI showdown, I really should be there the whole
> time, afterall, people may have questions about Emacs after seeings some
> of the VI features.
>
> I was under the impression there would be more lighting talks and that
> it would not be exclusively Vi vs Emacs.

Well, those are good points.  My goal in this is to get something together
for this weekend's meeting.  The idea of lightening talks came up (Mike)
but Michael was the only one to volunteer.  I'm just trying to get everything
coordinated in time for the meeting.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.