[wplug-plan] Open Source in Medical Software

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 18:54:48 EST 2007

Is anyone interested in hearing a talk about the use of Free and Open
Source Software by medical professionals?

Software in the health care professions serve very specific and
sometimes obscure purposes. I had a chance to talk to Dr. Tom Peters
of Tolven, Inc. last week, and he expressed interest in talking about
his organization's promotion of F/OSS to hospitals and clinics. I
think we're in a great position to turn up a lot of interest in this
field, as Pittsburgh has a lot of medical research institutes.

What do you all think? Should I ask him to come back to talk to us?

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>