[wplug-plan] September speaker

Bryan J Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Thu Aug 30 12:07:30 EDT 2007

I don't know about "excellent," but you definitely pegged these will
be more like "braindumps," instead of hands-on/show'n tell.

If I had more time to prepare, I could do a bit more of the latter.
E.g., showing off some of the GUI for directory services,
on a working directory server (possibly a couple of clients running
under VMWare on the same system).

But this will be more "buzzword bingo" with some descriptions
and not-so-fancy block diagrams, so bear with me. :)

I'll see what I can crank out into a presentation the weekend.

Oh, one more presentation I hastily cranked out in 2005 for
another LUG, which was weel-received, was what I entitled,
"UNIX and Windows Interoperabili-please?!" which goes into
the major (and chronic in the case of Windows) differences in
implementation, including core design flaws of Windows like NTFS
(I.e., Windows systems can't safely reads NTFS filesystems either),
etc...

That's always a good, first "deprogramming" for anyone on
Heterogenous networks.

Bryan J Smith - mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org
http://thebs413.blogspot.com
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile