[wplug-plan] Need Software Freedom Day volunteers

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Sun Aug 26 20:10:47 EDT 2007

Hey all-

Dave Kraus and I have been working on putting together a CD/flyer
distribution event for Software Freedom Day, September 15
<http://wplug.ece.cmu.edu/wiki/index.php/SoftwareFreedomDay>.

The current plan is for 1-4 PM.  I am checking on Schenley Plaza
as the venue, and Mike Hansell is looking into Pitt as a
backup/rain venue.

So what do we need from you?
  1. People who can advocate Free Software to the public to show
     up and hand out flyers.
  2. Laptops so we can give demos of Free Software.  These need:
       -Batteries that hold charge (we may not be able to plug in)
       -A functional wireless adapter
       -OpenGL acceleration functioning
       -Either Ubuntu 7.04 installed OR any version of Windows
        along with all the apps from TheOpenCD installed
        <http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=51874&package_id=241918&release_id=531254>

You can sign up on the wiki, or by posting here.  Thanks!