[wplug-plan] Operation Murder the Penguin

Mark Dalrymple wplug at badgertronics.com
Wed Apr 4 15:09:36 EDT 2007

> Confounding the issue is that the current setup on Penguin is
> running OpenACS, a software so confusing only markd2 could ever
> conceive of it or use it.  We need to change this.

As I have said time and time again, feel free to scram the OpenACS. I
can get meeting data and other stuff out of the database in any form
you want, if you like.  If you don't want it, feel free to rm -rf.
The existing static pages are easily convertable into plain old
HTML.  At the time, nobody (would step up and fix wplug.org, even
with a purely LAMP stack.  I'm happy this setup has lasted the years
it has, but it's obviously time to move on.

> However, what we do need to know is what services you're running on
> Penguin and what it would take to get those services moved?

The only one I care about is monkeybot.

Cheers,
++md