[wplug-plan] Help Wanted for Pittsburgh Perl Workshop

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Thu Sep 7 21:31:08 EDT 2006

On Thu, 7 Sep 2006, Greg Simkins wrote:

> Hi Beth Lynn,
>
> I hope to have my new Dell Laptop by then.  I plan to install Windows Vista
> Beta on it.  I suppose I could install some Linux on it first.  I hope I can
> get a driver for it.  I was pretty scared by all the talk about can't connect
> to the wireless downtown with Linux.  I suppose I would choose Ubuntu.
>
> Greg

Patrick wasn't kidding, Dapper Drake is what you want if you want
linux+wireless out of the box! Just get a copy of the desktop CD. It's
also a live cd that boots into the live environment before you install.

Be nice an use a mirror...
http://ftp.wayne.edu/linux_distributions/ubuntu/6.06/

Thanks,
Beth Lynn