[wplug-plan] meeting on September 16th

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Tue Sep 5 12:52:48 EDT 2006

Bill Moran <wmoran at potentialtech.com> wrote:
> > Firstly, regarding donuts - we're meeting later in the day, is there a
> > need for the donut troll to pick up donuts before the meeting?  If not
> > donuts, should other snacks be picked up?
> >
> > Secondly, regarding pizza type food.  Given that it's gonna take some
> > time for us to get organized and get an order in, it may be 1:45 before
> > we get food.  Is this something we still want to do?
>
> I'd think we'd want some sort of food, but donuts don't seem appropriate,
> and pizza has the obvious issues you describe.
>
> Maybe a sandwich tray?

To begin with, I'm assuming we've determined that food is
permitted in the library - otherwise, the decision is very easy.

I would agree that the rate of donut consumption drops off
precipitously after noon, and therefore chips and other snack-type
foods might be a better substitute.

The issue with the sandwich tray is that usually you need to put
your order in 24 hours in advance, which requires knowing how many
people you're expecting.  (Actually, if we knew that, we could
probably order pizza in advance just as easily.)

Personally, I have no problem with waiting until after the GNOME
presentation for pizza.  That would fit in with our standard
ordering protocol.  I figure having enough chips on hand should
hold people over until then.