[wplug-plan] Thanks to the speakers today

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Sat Oct 21 20:44:37 EDT 2006

I just wanted to send out nice thanks to all the folks who were able to
do a brief lightning talk today.  Despite the lack of Internet access
and the difficulties surrounding the lack of a projector, I think we did
pretty darn good.  So here's a thanks to folks:

Mark Dalrymple - thanks for showing off Google earth, talking a bit
about KMZ and all that.  It's cool to have one the developers amongst
us.

Vance Kochenderfer - wow, quickmasks are pretty darn cool.  I finally
figured out how I can do some HDR like effects with Gimp.  Cool.

Mike Hansell - thanks for clearing up lots of the confusion regarding
all the ways to void your warranty on a PSP.  I hope you get a chance to
post your slides because the links would be very helpful to someone not
knowledgable.

Robert Blackwell - sorry, I didn't get a chance to see your talk, so I'm
still confused about what you were doing.  Something with perl.  It
looks like you had a good crowd, so it must have been pretty good.

Personally I thought it worked out nicely not having the projector, it
made the lightning talks a lot more interactive and personable.  Thanks
folks, it was a great time.

Thanks!

--Patrick