[wplug-plan] iteration 0 and pittsburgh coding dojo

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Sun Nov 26 08:15:44 EST 2006

Folks,

Greg Akins from the Pittsburgh Coding Dojo came to our last installfest
and we spent some time talking about how our two organizations can work
together better in the future.  This was one of the major goals that the
WPLUG board set in our 1, 3, and 5 year plans.  One idea that came up
was co-locating some PghCodingDojo events with WPLUG installfests.  We
typically have a pretty good location (CMU) and are well set up for
installfests.

This would basically be a small group of 5-10 people also at the event
who are doing some slightly different work.  Examples of coding dojo
stuff might be installing and configuring a rails application, deploying
ASP.net stuff, remote administration challenge, etc.

The events would be marginally separate, but obvious people might pass
back and forth between them some.  However, it's not a case where all
the WPLUGgers would be able to just go over to the coding dojo stuff.
Due to the nature of these events, they are size limited.

Anyway, we discussed the possibility, and I told him that we'd bring the
issue up at for the February installfest.

If you have questions, or issues, send them to me either on list, or
personally.

--Patrick