[wplug-plan] GUM topic - clusters

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Wed Nov 22 20:46:21 EST 2006

"David Ostroske" <eksortso at gmail.com> wrote:
> What can we run on the cluster once we've got it set up? I'm open to
> anything, as long as it shows off what the cluster can do.

I got a couple ideas from
<http://pareto.uab.es/mcreel/ParallelKnoppix/ParallelKnoppixTutorial.html>.
Of course, we have to run a LINPACK benchmark to see how we
compare to the Top500.  I think the Mandelbrot example is a good
one too since it's more visual.  I'm sure there are others we can
come up with as well, I'll have to research it.

> I may have a contact who knows somebody at PSC. I'll get back to you on this.

Cool.  It would probably be worthwhile to follow up on Alex's
suggestion as well, although storage could be a whole other GUM
topic in its own right...