[wplug-plan] claim your mailing lists

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 00:46:05 EST 2006

On 11/20/06, O'Connor, Michael P. <mpoconnor at switch.com> wrote:
> Just a suggestion for the members list.  It is my understanding that
> that is a announcement only list, if that being so, why not just white
> list senders, and delete anything that is not from a white list entry.

Absolutely not. I'll never auto-delete any message that requires
moderation. That's irresponsible.

I've had to help at least one person when they sent a message to the
wrong list. If their message had been deleted, then nobody would have
known, and that person would've gone elsewhere for help.

It's no burden to me to clean out spam from the members list. It's the
duty that I've chosen, I chose it knowing the consequences, and I'm
proud of it. Plus, moderater announcements make me have to keep
watching my own email. That's a win-win.

Now, if we start getting a hundred spam a day, then my tune will
change. But that goes without saying.

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>