[wplug-plan] Any Plans?

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Sat Nov 11 09:25:47 EST 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-10 at 17:00 -0500, Ted Rodgers wrote:
> We have 1507 NSH (the large room we used to meet in) from 8 - 5,
> although I do not wish to arrive at 8 AM, and we need not use the entire
> time till 5 if we don't need it.  Patrick mentioned speaking to someone
> (Catherine) about the Atrium, which is scheduled differently, but I've
> not heard anything back on that.  It would be more convenient there
> since due to construction, we can load/unload machines using the
> backdoor of the 1st floor, but the parking spots back there are gated
> off.  Forbes Avenue side of the building entrance will be usable as
> well, but people will need to phone from the entrance and be escorted
> down.  8-5759 is the number to call from the campus phone.  Using a
> cell, it would be 412-268-5759.
>
> Ted

So it's amazing what happens when United Airlines keeps you captive for
two days and you don't have internet access because they wireless isn't
working in O'Hare, the stuff in Calgary doesn't work with your laptop,
and the hotel just doesn't have it.  It was a blast from 1993.

Anyway, here is the deal.  I have NOT heard back from Catherine Copetas
yet, however with me being out of town for the past week, I have not
been able to follow up in person.  I will attempt this on Monday.
Tentatively the 18th is a Ubuntu themed installfest and the 29th will be
a talk from a vendor, I hope at least.  However, I've been unable to
confirm the 29th -- but am working on it.

Official notice about the installfest will go out this week.

In the mean time, if someone wants to take on the role of meeting
coordinator, so it doesn't fall to the chair all the time, let me know
and we'll work something out.

--Patrick