[wplug-plan] Any Plans?

gregsim at telerama.com gregsim at telerama.com
Fri Nov 10 17:38:22 EST 2006

Has any more parking opened up behind the old Bureau of Mines (Forbes Ave side)?
Or do we need to park  in Morewood Gardens lot and lug stuff through the Bureau
of Mines building (what is that called now?).

I am still struggling with the wireless card on my Dell Inspiron.  I understand
that Ubuntu installs some default driver that prevents ndiswrapper from
discovering the proper driver.  If I don't figure it out this week, perhaps I
can find a genius at Installfest to get Ubuntu working.

SIL has their own flavor of Ubuntu (based on Dapper Drake) which is currently
installed on my Inspiron.  A group of the SIL folks went to visit Mark
Shuttleworth (sp?) in London and they have an agreement to cooperate in
incorporating minority languages into Ubuntu.  This unicode issue for nonroman
fonts is really complicated, but they plan to take it on.

Maybe I will try to set up IPCop again.  I lost my passwords and configuration
from the last install.  I need to get a good documentation system set up. (Does
that require paper or something?)

Greg