[wplug-plan] hosted member email

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon May 15 21:15:52 EDT 2006

> What's the quota? Is it basically just another gmail account with a
> different address?

The quota for "GMail for Domains" currently sits at 2GB per account.
It's almost exactly like another GMail account.  Basically the same
features (you even get Jabber support!).  I've been using it for my
wagstrom.net family emails for about two months now.  We've got 5 or so
folks who use it on a frequent basis and it seems pretty nice.  But
definately still GMail, just says it's coming from a different domain
now.

That being said, it might be an interesting thing to do -- to show a
perk of being a member you get an email @member.wplug.org (like
member.fsf.org).  I'm hoping that would agree with the ToS for it.

--Patrick