[wplug-plan] hosted member email

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Mon May 15 19:33:00 EDT 2006

I'm not sure how widely known this is, but google is offering hosted Gmail
accounts. So instead of foo at gmail.com, we could have
foo at members.wplug.org.

As far as I can tell, there isn't currently an easy way to integrate
mailman into the interface, which is why I'm suggesting
@members.wplug.org. @m.wplug.org? @wplugmembers.org?

It would be accessed via a url similar to
http://mail.google.com/hosted/members.wplug.org/

At the moment, they're allowing 25 accounts for free. No word yet if more
will be permitted, or what if anything more will cost.

Do we want to do this? I can take charge of setting up the gmail side,
and managing it for the first few months.

-james