[wplug-plan] Pizza issues -- was Draft script for hosts

Brian Sammon wplug-plan-list at brisammon.fastmail.fm
Fri Mar 31 18:48:26 EST 2006

> IMO, pizza even at $5 is quite the rip.  It seems very over priced
> compared to what I can often get pizza for.  I mean, I can get a single
> topping pizza large pizza for $10 - that should be plenty for two

Does that include tax and tip?  They increase the cost by about 25%.

With the pizzaria we usually use (http://www.italianvillagepizza.com/)
I think we usually go for the 5 Large 1-toppings for $40, which comes out to
$8/pie.  With tax and tip, that's around $10/pie.
I wasn't at the last meeting--maybe we didn't get the special and paid the
somewhat higher regular price.

But I agree, $5/person should be enough.  Maybe instead of worrying about
vegetarians getting first shot at the pizza, we should be making sure that the
people who paid $5 are getting first shot.